Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last week's outdoor activities





Well, last week was quite the week for me as far as being outdoors and active. I not only had my weekly ultimate frisbee game (with a score and an assist!), I also went with my coworkers on a 5.5-mile run across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito (took the ferry back for beer and burgers in SF) and went with Paul on Saturday on my first long (well, long for me) bike ride, about 40 miles round trip to San Anselmo, CA. I have a brand new bike (see pic) with fancy gears and foot cages, so it took me a bit to get used to it, but once I did, I was able to cruise along with Paul and make it up some nasty hills. It's amazing what you can do with a nice bike and a cushy pair of biking shorts (made sure my pair had tons of padding in the rear but still got sore!). We had great weather (a bit windy) and wonderful views along the way, although I wasn't able to enjoy the views too much because I was so focused on the road and making sure my narrow tires didn't hit any ruts. We rewarded ourselves with a big lunch at Mexican restaurant in San Anselmo before heading back over the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco. Needless to say I was really tired later in the day and fell asleep on the way home from a housewarming party on Saturday night!

2 comments: