Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Won't believe what I saw/heard on the bus! Well, maybe you will

Paul always told me that riding the bus in San Francisco is a social and cultural experience. I had a couple of experiences today- one fun and one kind of shocking, at least for me the newcomer. The first experience was me making a neighborhood friend, a young girl that is also getting married soon named Betsy. We had a great time chatting it up on the bus on the way to downtown, where I was to meet Paul for lunch. However, on the way back on the bus, I heard this peculiar squawking sound. Everyone else on the bus was confused too, and it took me a while to figure it out. Well, I finally found the source of the noise. An Asian woman a few rows back had just made a trip to one of the farmers' markets, and, evidently, they sell live chickens at the market and she was taking one home in a reusable grocery bag. Perhaps that is not that unusual, but I spent several minutes contemplating it. I'm really glad I don't have to kill my own dinner!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA! This cracked me up! I'm just picturing a live chicken in one of those green reusable Publix bags. Oh Catherine, I am also very glad I don't kill my own dinner (but who are we kidding, I eat Lean Cuisines for dinner!) Keep these stories coming!

    ReplyDelete