Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Downtown Walking Adventure






So, in the mornings the last several weekdays, I have been coming to a coffee shop right down the hill from our place to work on final wedding planning, job searching, etc. With the weather being so nice yesterday, I decided to devote my afternoon to exploring in downtown San Francisco. I took the bus to Paul's office and set out on foot through Chinatown, to Coit Tower, down to Pier 39 to say hello to the sea lions, all the way down the Embarcadero to the Ferry Terminal and all the way up Market Street to Paul's office, a 3-hour endeavor with a few short breaks. Along the way I took a few pictures, including one above which looks like a group of flying to-go boxes (upon a closer look, actually books). I treated myself to a Starbucks treat on my way back up Market Street and was looking forward to stopping back by Paul's office to grab the coffee maker we recently received from our registry and head home on the bus. Well, that wasn't exactly what was in store for me. There was a big accident on Market Street involving a bus (don't think anyone was hurt) that kept the buses backed up for over an hour. I had already picked up the coffee maker when I realized the bus was not coming, and, since I really wanted to get home, I tried looking at my transit map to find an alternate way home and ended up walking through kind of a rough neighborhood. It's ok during the day, so I was fine, but I know never to go there at night!! To avoid looking like a tourist in that rough area, I didn't pull my map out again for quite some time, so my coffee maker and I ended up way north of my intended destination and had to cut several blocks south once I figured out where I was. I to tried and catch the bus again near city hall, but still no bus scheduled for a long time, so back several blocks north and homeward before a bus finally came, whew!! Made it home in time to give away my backing boxes to a girl who is moving to our neighborhood and then cleaned up for dinner in Noe Valley with my friend Suz. Definitely earned that big guacamole burger after walking for 4 hours!! At least it was nice weather :)

No comments:

Post a Comment