Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Go Car Adventure!







Last week, I saw these cute little go-cart like cars going down Market Street and knew that is something I wanted to do. So yesterday I rented one! The company is called Go Car and has locations in San Diego, Miami, Barcelona, and Lisbon. I had a fantastic time and the weather was beautiful! When I first got to the rental place near Union Square, I got really nervous. The guy placed me in front of a safety video and then disappeared for a while. I was so worried I was going to forget something since I was going by myself. Before I knew it, I had a helmet on, he tested my car for me, and I was on my way! I really wanted to avoid Market Street altogether, but in order for the GPS-guided tour to work, I had to go on Market Street a short stretch to get to Embarcadero. Imagine this- me in this little car surrounded by taxis and big buses! I was super careful and cautious, and it was a huge relief to get to the Embarcadero. I ended up driving all the way up Embarcadero to Fisherman's Wharf, to Fort Mason, Ocean Beach, Fort Point and Golden Gate Bridge, the expensive and beautiful Sea Cliff's neighborhood, and along Golden Gate Park. Along the way, I had several people point and smile at me and others offer to take pictures for me. It was so much fun! I was supposed to be gone only two hours, but I somehow managed to miss my turn and continued along the tour for awhile before I realized it. Luckily, I was in somewhat familiar territory and knew how to cut back to downtown in time to return my car. I would highly recommend this adventure for any tourist and plan on doing it with my parents when they visit in September. The only other problem I had with the car, besides the fact that it didn't go faster than 30 mph (had to let people pass a few times) was that it wasn't made to reverse. I forgot about this at one stop and had to get out and push it backwards several feet. The instructions also warn that on some hills, if you go off the route, you may have to push the car if you have two people in the car :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome! this looks like so much fun & I love that you took off on this adventure by yourself!!! what a fun time in your life!

    ReplyDelete